Friday, August 20, 2010

This is not the weather for...

a broken clothes dryer!

Our dryer has now been gone for 3 and a half weeks...
If I had known it was going to take this long to repair I would have just bought a new one (considering the old one is costing almost as much to repair as a cheaper new one).

I certainly will not be returning any business to the repair shop. I tried for 2 days to phone them last week, and when I finally got through I was told she was phoning her suppliers all day chasing up parts. That really doesn't bode well. Our new part wasn't in after 7 days...fair enough it could take 7 to 10 days to arrive...but that time is well and truly up now. Should I phone them again?

My last experience with an appliance repair was also horrendous...a coffee machine that took 6 months and then was only fixed because of phone calls from me to Sunbeam...and after all that, it worked 3 times and then promptly returned to blowing the house fuses and making strange noises. It now sits in my garage. I'm too scared to plug it in, I don't want to get electrocuted.
I have a love/hate relationship with that coffee machine anyway.
It was a birthday present, and I remember having at least 2 coffees a day for a while there. Something that I believe contributed to me having a miscarriage in October. Which is why I now mostly drink decaf.

If only these things would happen in the summertime...but then who uses their dryer in Summer?? Not me.

I will be going out to buy a new clothes airer shortly...not that I have the space for one. The washing wont dry in the rain though!!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment