Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Bargain, Tears and a Tantrum

Sunday was a day of extremes for me...
I bought this gorgeous little chair at a antique/second hand shop for a measly $30 (thankyou to my sister in law for bargaining the price down by $15). It's a bit stinky and the fabric is falling apart it's so perished...but with some funky new fabric S has decided that it could be hers. I'm hoping it will make for a good photography prop. Here is C test posing for me in the very late afternoon.
 


Now for the tears and tantrums...I broke my fantastic plastic...my 50mm 1.8II.

It got tangled in my camera strap and when I picked up the camera it flew across the room...and broke in two. I screamed, I yelled, I believe I even stamped my foot...learned from the expert tantrum thrower Miss 3 no doubt. Then I sat down and cried. I think I cried for a good 10 minutes while I fiddled with the damn thing and tried in vain to jam it back together...no dice.

Then little Miss 3 came and gave me a cuddle and kisses and told me it would be alright...and I calmed down. I calmed down and I studied the lens...it had come apart in 2 clean pieces, one tiny little clip was sheared off. I can't believe how flimsy and poorly built this lens is. I know it's the bottom of the range cheapie lens, but really!!!! I turned the focus ring all the way one way and slotted the other piece in and pushed and miracle of miracles it clicked back together. Then I put it on the camera and miracle of miracles it works...relief...more tears...lots more tears. It does sit at an imperceptibly slight angle, I guess that's where the broken clip is. But it still works for now...I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

It scares me a little that my reaction for a $130 lens was so extreme...but there you go!!! It means a lot to me obviously.

My rollercoaster Sunday.

And just because she's so darn cute...here is C. (This wasn't taken with the Nifty Fifty).


And Miss 3 being creative


No comments:

Post a Comment