Friday, February 26, 2010

please, please, please, don't let this be the end...

...of daytime naps.
It seems that Miss C has decided that daytime naps are not her cup of tea.
My instinct is to fight it tooth and nail. She's way too young...she needs her naps. I have friends with 5 year olds who still have an afternoon nap.
With this in mind, yesterday when she refused to go down at 1 o'clock I decided it would be okay to try again later. It worked. She had a lovely long 2 hours from 3 until 5.
BIG MISTAKE.
HUGE MISTAKE.
We had a little bit of a late night and didn't get home until 8:30. Now normally both pixies would be in bed by 8:30 at the latest. So I thought she would be good to go down at 9.
Boy was I w r o n g...
So after a good hour fighting her over it I gave up. Long story short...we went to bed at 11. She woke every hour until about 4 this morning and then I had to wake her at 8:45 to get Miss S to Kinder. She should be tired right??? She has again refused to take a nap and I'm am really hesitant to get her down any later than 2...which is about now.
Do I just have kids who don't like to sleep during the day, or is it my crap parenting?? Miss S gave up her daytime sleeps at 14 months...anyone care to guess how old C is???
I'm tired and grumpy. I just need some ME time, but I have a partner who thinks a fun hour for me is to go with him while he plays cricket or volleyball, so I can chase the kids around and keep them from getting in the way. Then I have to get them home and into bed before they have a meltdown. Fun fun fun.
Anyhow...enough!!
Miss C is getting 4 molars all at once and she has a snotty nose, so I'm hoping it's just a temporary situation.
Please let it just be a temporary situation. Otherwise I may just go crazy.

The devil in question...just to remind myself that I love her no matter what!!





signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi it's me..
    Breakfast/coffee child free on Wed?
    Book Sam in..

    ReplyDelete