Monday, March 22, 2010

FOR TODAY... 22nd of  March 2010

Outside My Window...The sun in shining and the weeds just keep on growing.

I am thinking...that this week has gone by really fast. First term of Kinder finishes at the end of this week and I can't believe how quickly it has gone by. I haven't even gotten to know any of the other parents or the teachers really. I haven't had any feedback about how she is going with it either. It's a little strange to just drop her off and pick her up and not know anything much about what she does and how she is behaving for those 2 and a half hours.

I am thankful for...small sleep ins. They don't happen very often...but every now and then I can stay in bed until almost 9 o'clock...bliss. 

From the kitchen...Spaghetti Meatballs. The oven is having a "no go" day today...doesn't matter, they work just as well cooked on the stovetop...just won't get garlic bread tonight...no drama.

I am wearing...Jeans and a t-shirt. We have been out visiting and shopping today. It's nice to keep busy and get away from the house for a time, but it doesn't get the housework done. I HATE coming home to a messy house.

I am creating...a cot quilt for a little girl to be born in May. My fabric should arrive tomorrow and I'm itching to begin.

I am going...to start cooking dinner when I finish this post...or perhaps in the middle of this post. Time has gotten away from me again.
I am reading...all about how to waterproof a shower cubicle. We have decided to bite the bullet and do our own bathroom reno. Scared much!!!

I am hoping...to make a start on the bathroom in the next week or so...or perhaps we should leave it until Easter is over. I want to do it while I have the enthusiasm for it and I think we could at the very least get some cement sheet up around the bath.

I am hearing...relative peace and quiet. Some time has elapsed since I started this post and the kidlets are now tucked up in bed fast asleep. I am really liking the weather at the moment, because although it is warm during the day, at night it cools right down and it's nice to snuggle up under a doona.

Around the house...the table is covered in folded washing, ready to be put away in the morning. Cat number 2, Peanut Butter, is looking to curl up on my lap, and I have made significant impact on the cleanliness of the craft room. I do still go and sit out there and stare blankly into space wondering what I am going to do with all the last odds and ends though.

One of my favourite things...clean kitchen benchtops...if only they would stay that way.

A few plans for the rest of the week...get to the Rhubarb sale on Wednesday. Do my groceries, which I would normally have done today, but I had other things to attend to, and anyhow, the girls are a little grumpy and tired today (we had a VERY big day yesterday). Not much else planned except the usual...changing butts, making food, endless cleaning, keeping the troops entertained.

A photo to share...
It appears that my blog doesn't want to upload any photos today...I will try again later perhaps.

So I tried again, and here in my photo to share.
Flowers...fabric flowers...these are attached to a name cushion I made. Very girly and a bit more grown up. I did intend to post the photo of the first boy cushion I have made, but I couldn't be bothered...it will appear here in the near future.

That's me for another week.
Have a good one.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment